OR3-4 Operator 3-4
52 weeks, Non-Seasonal Departmental
Department of Conservation and Climate
Eastern Region, Parks and Resource Protection Division
Falcon Lake MB
Advertisement Number: 37879
Salary(s): OR3-4 $1,682.40 – $1,779.20 bi-weekly
Closing Date: July 21, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conservation and Climate is seeking qualified individuals to fill Operator 3/4 positions located in Falcon Lake in Whiteshell Provincial Park, MB. These positions are 52 weeks, non-seasonal departmental. The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a minimum valid full stage Manitoba Class 3 driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
- Must be physically capable of performing all duties assigned to the position, including lifting weights up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, shift work, Statutory Holidays as required, and be willing to travel occasionally with overnight stays.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Experience operating and maintaining typical park mechanical equipment
- Experience operating and maintaining smaller park mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety and risk management issues related to the operation of park mechanical equipment and vehicles.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and with the public; the ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Experience driving a tandem truck and low bed trailer or larger vehicle.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience working under minimal supervision.
- Supervisory experience.
- Welding experience.
- Experience in small engine maintenance and repair.
- Ability to keep and maintain written records.
Under the direction of the Park Operations Supervisor and/or Designate: The Operator 3/4 will be required to operate and maintain various equipment within and outside the District that falls under this class such as: Husky Groomer (with blade), SV Groomer (with blade), Massey tractor, 710 John Deere back hoe loader, tracked dozer, motor grader c/w wing attachment, mini hoe excavator, tandem truck and low bed trailers. The Operator 3/4 will be required to operate and maintain various equipment including specialized mowers, light motor vehicles, tractors and garbage packer, and all other equipment in Class 1 & 2.
Advertisement # 37879
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your application, cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source