Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Painter at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. The successful candidate must be available to work shift work when scheduled.
The Painter will be responsible for applying various types of paint finishes to aircraft subassemblies, parts and manufactured components. They will clean, prepare and mask surfaces in accordance with the specifications and plant processes prior to painting and will be required to do lettering, stenciling, and application of decals. The Painter will apply various types of paint or other protective coatings to plant support equipment and buildings.
- Experience in Aerospace, Automotive, or Industrial painting is preferred.
- Experience using painting spray guns and spray booths while applying various types of paints, primers and other industrial coatings is required.
- Experience working with, handling and disposing of hazardous chemicals such as paints, abrasives and solvents is preferred.
- Relevant Experience or Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend written and verbal English instructions.
- Must have the ability to qualify and wear specified Respirators and Fresh Air Supply Equipment.
- Must meet visual acuity requirements defined through Magellan (will be tested).
- Must be available to work shift work when scheduled.
- Successful completion of an automotive or industrial painting apprenticeship or equivalent certification (such as Red Seal) is an asset
Job type: Permanent
View original article here Source