Park Attendant – Eastern Region
KA2 Park Attendant 2
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Parks and Protected Spaces Branch, Parks and Trails Division
Advertisement Number: 39069
Salary(s): KA2 $1,270.40 – $1,423.20 bi-weekly
Closing Date: April 25, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates are required to submit a resume and application form to be considered for this competition.
Your resume and application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form.
Manitoba Provincial Parks is seeking qualified individuals to fill Park Attendant II positions. These position are located in the Whiteshell Provincial Parks. An eligibility list will be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months to fill vacancies in the Whiteshell Provincial Park.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must posess and maintain a valid full stage manitoba class 5 drivers license
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigend to the position including lifting approximately 15 kgs of weight an standing for prolonged periods.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends, statuatory holidays and shift work
- Experience and knowledge collecting and remitting revenue with accountability and accuracy, and the ability to maintain accurate financial records and reports.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with the public.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office or equivalent software applications.
- Experience working with electronic cash and point of sale systems.
- Knowledge and experience with grounds maintenance and janitorial duties.
- Bilingual (French and English)
Attendants are responsible for the accurate collection and remittance of revenue, operation of the Parks Reservation Service computerized system, and responding effectively to public concerns and enquiries. The Attendant is responsible for the day to day operation of a campground including minor maintenance and janitorial upkeep of park facilities including the campground office, campsites and other facilities and structures.
Advertisement # 39069
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source