Park Works Supervisor 1
PK1 Park Works Supervisor 1
Approximately 20 Weeks
Department of Conservation and Climate
Parks Branch, Parks and Resource Protection
Stephenfield Provincial Park MB
Advertisement Number: 37733
Salary(s): PK1 $1,564.80 – $1,840.80 bi-weekly
Closing Date: June 21, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Conservation and Climate is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Park Works Supervisor for Stephenfield and Pembina Valley Provincial Parks. Stephenfield Provincial Park is approximately 100 km southwest of Winnipeg.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba class 5 drivers license
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned to the position including lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must have Manitoba level 1 water and waste water certification or be willing to acquire and maintain certification within 24 months of the employment start date. Grade 12 education or GED diploma is a pre-requisite for obtaining certification.
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and statutory holidays.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with staff, user groups and stakeholders.
- Experience working independently with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize a complex workload.
- Experience providing cost estimates, purchasing and inventory control.
- Experience in construction industry.
- Experience with water treatment, testing and distribution and wastewater collection and treatment.
- Experience and/or training in Workplace Safety and Health safe work practices.
- Experience operating, maintaining and repairing maintenance equipment.
Under the supervision of the Park District Manager and the Park Works Supervisor 2, the incumbent will assist in the planning, coordination, implementation and supervision of typical maintenance operations and construction activities within Stephenfield and Pembina Valley Provincial Parks; including day use area, large campground, yurts and trails. Organizes and supervises staff involved in the maintenance and development of programs in a park operation and in the region; monitors park infrastructure to ensure standards are met and prepares cost estimates for projects; maintains accounting, purchasing and inventory records.
Advertisement # 37733
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source