Park Works Supervisor 2
PK2 Park Works Supervisor 2
50 week – 2 positions
Department of Conservation and Climate
Parks , Parks and Resource Protection
Boissevain MB, Swan River MB
Advertisement Number: 36857
Salary(s): PK2 $1,617.60 – $1,904.80 bi-weekly
Closing Date: December 18, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for 12 months for similar positions with Parks in the Western Region.
Manitoba Parks is seeking qualified individuals to fill Park Works Supervisor 2 (PK2) positions based out of Turtle Mountain Provincial Park and Swan River, Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s licence and be willing and able to acquire and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 3 driver’s licence with air brake endorsement within one (1) year of employment start date
- Must be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position which may require some moderate lifting, bending, walking and working in various types of outdoor conditions
- Must possess Manitoba Water & Wastewater Facility Operators Certification or be willing and able to acquire and maintain certification within three (3) years of the employment start date. In order to register for courses to obtain certification Grade 12 education, GED diploma or approved apprenticeship completion is a pre-requisite.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment as/when required
- Must be able to work with paints, solvents and chemicals
- Must be ready, willing and able to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays as well as travel and work in other outlying areas in the Region.
- Experience coordinating and supervising the maintenance and operations of facilities and/or grounds
- Experience supervising staff
- Strong Interpersonal skills for developing and maintaining positive working relationships with the public and staff
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to plan and prioritize complex and changing workloads to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under minimal supervision
- Experience with cost estimates and inventory
- Experience with Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of equipment (such as trucks, trailers, ride on mowers and small hand held equipment)
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of public water and wastewater systems
Working under the direction of the Park Works Supervisor (PK3), the incumbent will assist in the planning, coordination, implementation and supervision of maintenance, operations and construction activities within Duck Mountain or Turtle Mountain Provincial Parks and occasionally other Provincial Parks or wayside areas within the Region. The incumbent responsibilities may include operation and/or maintenance of transient and seasonal campsites, cottage sub-divisions; operation and/or maintenance of yurts, water and wastewater systems, garbage/recycling programs, buildings, roads, shops for minor mechanical repairs & carpentry projects, winter & summer recreation areas which includes snowmobile, x-country ski and ATV/UTV trails, hiking trails, canoe routes, beaches, day/group use areas, boat launches, backcountry and cultural and historic sites.
Advertisement # 36857
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source