Park Works Supervisor 2
PK2 Park Works Supervisor 2
52 Weeks – non seasonal
Department of Conservation and Climate
Parks and Resource Protection, Central Region
Birds Hill MB
Advertisement Number: 37138
Salary(s): PK2 $1,617.60 – $1,904.80 bi-weekly
Closing Date: March 8, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Birds Hill Provincial Park is approximately 24 km north of Winnipeg.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba full stage class 3 drivers license with air brake endorsement.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties assigned to the position including lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays as required.
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time under various weather conditions.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and supervision of construction or infrastructure projects.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with staff, user groups and stakeholders.
- Experience working independently with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize a complex workload with strict deadlines.
- Experience providing cost estimates, purchasing and inventory control.
- Experience and/or training in Workplace Safety and Health safe work practices.
- Experience operating, maintaining and repairing maintenance equipment.
- Experience with water and wastewater systems.
Reporting to the Park Works Supervisor (PK3) or designate and as a member of the Birds Hill management team, the Park Works Supervisor (PK2) assists with supervisory functions; and plans and organizes the construction, development and maintenance of grounds, infrastructure and equipment in Birds Hill Provincial Park. The incumbent also ensures that all activities are performed in an effective, responsible, and cost efficient manner. Included are day use, beach areas, and campgrounds in Birds Hill Provincial Park.
Advertisement # 37138
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source