Park Works Supervisor 3
PK3 Park Works Supervisor 3
52 weeks, Non-Seasonal Departmental
Department of Conservation and Climate
Eastern Region, Parks and Resource Protection Division
Falcon Lake MB
Advertisement Number: 37448
Salary(s): PK3 $44,807.00 – $52,988.00 per year
Closing Date: April 30, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conservation and Climate is seeking qualified individuals to Park Works Supervisor 3 (PK3) position located in Falcon Lake in Whiteshell Provincial Park , MB. This position is a 52 weeks non-seasonal departmental. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, statutory holidays and shift work as required
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally with overnight stays
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned to the position, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Experience in the supervision and operation of construction projects and/or maintenance of facilities.
- Supervisory experience
- Displays initiative with the ability to organize and prioritize a complex workload
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff, the general public and stakeholders
- Experience in project management including cost estimating, financial control and procurement of materials
- Working knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety regulations
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions in sometimes stressful situations.
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with the maintenance and operation of water and wastewater distribution and collection systems
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software (Word, Outlook, Excel) or equivalent software applications
- Experience operating, maintaining and repairing maintenance equipment
- Ability to read blueprints/plan drawings
This position is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and supervision of a majority of complex functions and typical maintenance, operations, and construction activities.
Advertisement # 37448
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source