Park Works Supervisor (PK3)
PK3 Parks Work Supervisor 3
52 Week Non-Seasonal departmental
Department of Conservation and Climate
Central Region, Parks and Protected Spaces
Hecla/Grindstone Provincial Park MB
Advertisement Number: 36907
Salary(s): PK3 $44,807.00 – $52,988.00 per year
Closing Date: January 25, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Hecla / Grindstone Provincial Park is approximately 176 km north of Winnipeg, Manitoba. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned to the position including lifting up to 50 lbs pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and statutory holidays.
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods under various weather condition
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with staff, user groups and stakeholders.
- Experience working independently with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize workloads.
- Experience working in the construction industry.
- Experience with cost estimates, purchasing and inventory control.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Experience operating and maintaining maintenance equipment.
- Experience with water and waste water systems which includes treatment, testing and distribution.
- Experience with Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health act and or safe working practices.
Under the direction of the Park District Manager, the Park Works Supervisor 3 (PK3) is responsible for the supervision and organization of park operations and maintenance. Operations and maintenance staff consists of Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical Trades along with Labourers, Operators and Janitors. The PK3 will supervise construction operations and participate in the planning and development of minor and major capital projects in the District. The PK3 plays a key role in monitoring and reporting of shop expenditures and capital programs. The incumbent assists the Park District Manager in identifying, recording and mitigating risk and liability issues associated with Riverton Park District.
Advertisement # 36907
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source