Partnership Development Coordinator
TDO Training Development Officer
Economic Development & Jobs
Western and Northern Manitoba Service Area, Workforce Training and Employment
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 37639
Salary(s): TDO $61,940.00 – $77,808.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: June 21, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for future regular or term position, and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Workforce Training and Employment is looking to add a Partnership Development Coordinator (PDC) to their Western and Northern Mantioba Service Area responsible for the design, development, integration, implementation and on-going coordination of Manitoba industry and sector based labour market programming that connects Manitobans to training to employment opportunities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to travel within the Northern Region of the Province by various means such as: air, road, train, ice roads, boats, ferries, etc.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Adult Education and Training or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience designing training curricula and implementing employment-focused training programs, as well as instruction practice using a variety of delivery modalities
- Experience evaluating employment and training programs to assess effectiveness related to adult training and employment
- Experience in project management including consulting, planning, development and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and develop productive and respectful relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders, including Indigenous communities
- Excellent written communication skills, with an ability to communicate programs and policies to clients and stakeholders
- Strong oral communication skills with experience delivering presentations to various audiences to convey program-related information and instruction
- Comprehensive knowledge of Labour Market development conditions, issues and practices
- Ability to research training and Labour Market needs and propose appropriate recommendations for management consideration
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and adapt to conflicting and tight deadlines
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills demonstrating sound judgement
- Demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
The PDC supports the Western and Northern Management Team in a fast paced environment to promote and strengthen client participation in the labour market. The PDC facilitates strategic partnerships, and works collaboratively, with public and private sector employers, labour organizations, Indigenous organizations, Sector Councils, government, public and private educational institutions and other relevant stakeholders to address labour market demands and skills shortages. This is accomplished by assessing needs, developing and implementing training programs, and evaluating programs to assess their effectiveness.
Reporting to the Director of Western and Northern Manitoba Service Area, the position provides support and expertise for a wide range of activities through joint planning and coordination for legislation compliance and ensuring programs address employer and client needs within changing labour market conditions.
Advertisement # 37639
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source