Patient Safety Consultant
HS5 Health Soc Dev Spec 5
Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
Selkirk Mental Health Centre/Transition
Advertisement Number: 37514
Salary(s): HS5 $57,344.00 – $77,808.00 per year
Closing Date: May 8, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Preference to internal applicants may be applied.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre is a 252-bed facility that provides long-term mental health in-patient treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba whose challenging needs cannot be met elsewhere in the provincial health care system. Programs include Acquired Brain Injury, Acute, Rehabilitation, Geriatrics and Forensics. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Completion of post-secondary education in healthcare or social sciences. Other acceptable combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in quality and patient safety assessment and performance measurement
- Experience in quality improvement and risk management
- Experience developing and interpreting policies, procedures and guidelines
- Experience leading and facilitating training and working groups
- Knowledge of Quality Management Tools including Failure Mode and Effects Analyses; root, cause, analysis; Lean Six Sigma and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of applicable legislation including the Protection for Persons in Care Act, Workplace Safety and Health Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, Personal Health Information and Privacy Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Strong verbal communication skills to convey complex, technical or sensitive information to a variety of audience
- Strong written communication skills to produce technical written information for various stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and impartiality through review and investigation processes.
- Experience in change management processes and practices
Reporting to the Manager of Quality, Risk and Innovation, the Patient Safety Consultant provides leadership and expertise to manage patient safety initiatives and improvements; investigate critical incidents, occurrences and near misses; and directs opportunity for systemic change within the organization to further the goal of overall safety and reduced risk for patients of Selkirk Mental Health Centre.
Advertisement # 37514
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source