Pay and Benefits Consultant
CL5 Clerk 5
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Operations, Service Centre 5
Advertisement Number: 37437
Salary(s): CL5 $48,853.00 – $56,645.00 per year
Closing Date: May 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and visible minorities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Preference may be given to internal candidates, and candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commesurate rate of pay.
The Civil Service Commission’s vision is to promote a highly effective, professionally competent, respectful, responsive and relevant civil service that reflects the diversity of the Province and thereby contributes to the quality of life in Manitoba. The Civil Service Commission provides a wide range of human resource services including policy and program development, training and development, recruitment and selection, labour and employee relations, classification and compensation, strategic planning and supportive employment which includes disability management and accommodations. The Civil Service provides service to clients in various locations including Winnipeg, Brandon, Dauphin, Selkirk, Portage la Prairie, Steinbach and Thompson. This environment offers a great opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in a wide range of human resource services, contribute to the success of services to the public and advance the Manitoba Public Service Transformation Strategy.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, additional security checks may be required for some positions
- Experience delivering payroll services to a client group, including processing payroll transactions such as leaves, pay adjustments, appointments, new hires, terminations and records of employment (ROEs)
- Experience administering employee benefits plans, including calculating and processing deductions and prepayments
- Experience using SAP or other HRIS system for payroll processing.
- Knowledge of pay and benefits processes and practices to ensure legislative compliance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail to ensure accurate payroll results.
- Strong organizational skills to meet strict deadlines and handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to interpret legislation, policies and collective agreements
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and respectfully in a team environment
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to adapt to change with hope, optimism and resiliency
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely in a professional manner
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification through the Canadian Payroll Association
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
- Experience delivering payroll services in a unionized environment
To Apply for the Position:
Click here to access the application form. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link above or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form.
The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. You are not required to submit a resume or cover letter, but may be asked to submit a copy of your references or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
The Human Resource Operations division provides a range of human resource services that support and enable managers and employees in delivering effective programs and services to Manitobans. The Pay and Benefits Service Centre is responsible for the operational delivery of the Pay and Benefits Program for the Manitoba government. The is position provides payroll and benefits services to client departments and ensures compliance with government and regulatory standards.
Advertisement # 37437
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source