Payment Program Clerk
AK1 Accounting Clerk 1
Legal Aid Manitoba, Corporate and Strategic Services
Advertisement Number: 36888
Salary(s): AK1 $42,498.00 – $48,607.00 per year
Closing Date: December 21, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (email@example.com) quoting 36888 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Application Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form.
Legal Aid Manitoba provides legal help to people who are financially eligible. We strive to serve all clients with respect and dignity. Our service is fundamental to a fair and balanced justice system.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- A satisfactory Child Abuse Registry check
- A satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry check
- Experience performing basic financial processes including preparing and reconciling financial information and processing/coding invoices for payment
- Experience with accounts receivables and accounts payable functions including experience with entering information into sub-ledger accounts
- Experience with conveyancing, facilitating property transactions and conducting property title searches
- Experience providing administrative/clerical support including electronic data entry and reception/switchboard duties
- Experience working in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet work related deadlines
- Demonstrated accuracy with attention to details
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook) or similar software
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision, while exercising a high level of initiative
- Experience working with SAP or similar accounting software
The incumbent is responsible for monitoring the accounts receivable aspect of the Agreements to Pay (Full and ATPPP) and Charge on Land contracts for Legal Aid Manitoba, which includes dealing with clients on these programs. Perform land title searches via the Property Registry’s Titles Online system, and files liens and lien discharges for charge on land files. The incumbent is the primary backup for A/R clerk, and reception relief.
Advertisement # 36888
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source