Pension and Cottage Administrator
AO1 Administrative Officer 1
Indigenous and Northern Relations
Finance and Administrative Services Branch, Northern Affairs Fund
Advertisement Number: 36794
Salary(s): AO1 $48,853.00 – $57,363.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable
Closing Date: December 18, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work overtime including evenings and weekends if and when required
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the province on occasion
- A diploma or degree in business administration, financial management, or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Accounting experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, general ledgers and bank reconciliations
- Experience maintaining and administering employee benefits / pension program and payroll system
- Experience entering, verifying, reconciling and processing financial data in an accounting system
- Strong attention to detail with ability to maintain high level of accuracy
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software including Word, Outlook and Excel or equivalent software applications
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients and work cooperatively in a team setting
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and information to diverse audiences
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to identify priorities and to complete assignments within tight deadlines
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to compose and edit correspondence and documents
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decisions making skills
- Experience providing customer service in person and over the phone
- Ability to handle and work with sensitive and confidential information
- Experience interpreting and applying policies and/or procedures
- Experience providing consultation/training/mentorship/coaching
Reporting to the Audit & Tax Manager, the incumbent is responsible for administering the Community’s Municipal Employees Benefits Program (MEBP), the cottage area services levy and departmental procurement and revenues including cash flow, as well as tracking financial information, recording, producing reconciliations and reports for various purposes and management.
Advertisement # 36794
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source