CL4 Clerk 4
Permits and Approvals, Technical Services and Operations
Advertisement Number: 36721
Salary(s): CL4 $48,399.00 – $55,132.00 per year
Closing Date: December 10, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
A 12 month eligibility list may be created from this competition for similar regular, term and full-time or part-time positions.
Permits and Approval Program enhances public safety, protect infrastructure and promote the economy by developing, issuing and administering the permitting and railway enforcement programs. The Permit Agent will provide support to Management, staff, and other divisions within the Department on legal weights and dimensions issues and will provide technical expertise and assistance to all end users of the Automated Permitting and Routing System.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (shifts vary)
- Must be able to work in an office environment and take calls from the public on a daily basis.
- Several years of clerical and administrative office experience in a customer service oriented and/or contact centre environment.
- Experience and proficiency with computers, including a variety of different applications and software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PDF creation/conversion software; online mapping tools such as Google Earth.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to perform data entry accurately.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Manitoba highway geography, including city and town locations.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience with commercial vehicles, heavy haul equipment and/or in the trucking industry.
- Experience analysing and interpreting acts, regulations, by-laws and policies.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in French.
Reporting to the Manager of Permit Services, this position is responsible for facilitating the movement of overweight/dimensional loads through the Province of Manitoba including the City of Winnipeg and the City of Brandon in a manner that protects highway infrastructure and the general motoring public, and ensuring effective and professional customer service.
Advertisement # 36721
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source