DIT Pharmacy Technician
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Selkirk Mental Health Centre/Transition
Advertisement Number: 36892
Salary(s): DIT $34,308.00 – $39,888.00 per year
Closing Date: December 31, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is looking for a Pharmacy Assistant to join our team. SMHC is a 252-bed facility located in the City of Selkirk that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba whose challenging needs cannot be met elsewhere in the provincial health care system. Program areas include: Acute Psychiatric Care, Rehabilitation, Geriatrics and Acquired Brain Injury. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Completion of a Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician Program. A relevant combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working as a Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician.
- Strong competency in medical terminology and pharmaceutical calculations.
- Strong time management skills to maintain accuracy in a fast paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions using sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients and staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good written communication skills to maintain accurate patient records.
- Experience working as a Pharmacy Assistant or Technician in a hospital or long term care setting.
- Experience with Connect Rx, PacMed medication packagers and/or AcuDose Dispensing cabinets.
Working as a member of the pharmacy team and under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the Pharmacy Assistant provides assistance to the Centre’s pharmacists in the technical and clerical functions of the pharmacy.
Advertisement # 36892
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source