Planning and Program Analyst
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Community and Property Development, Inspection and Technical Services
Advertisement Number: 36683
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: December 6, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A degree in public administration/policy or business administration. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience evaluating policies, programs for effectiveness
- Experience conducting research and analysis to support the development of policy, programs and initiatives
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Strong collaboration skills for building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Written communication skills for preparing research findings, reports, briefing materials, correspondence and authority seeking documents
- Verbal communication skills for effectively articulating ideas and complex information
- Strong political acumen
- Ability to work independently to manage projects and programs
- Experience developing policies, programs, legislation, regulations and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of statutes and regulations related to building and technical safety
Reporting to the Manager of Client Services, Inspection and Technical Services Branch, the Policy and Program Analyst is responsible for policy and program development including research, data analysis and the drafting of authority seeking documents and briefing materials. The analyst will work closely with departmental management, staff and external stakeholders in the development of new legislation, regulations and will also evaluate existing Branch programs related to building and technical safety.
Advertisement # 36683
CSC Executive Jobs
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source