AP2 Planning Assistant
Community Planning and Development
Advertisement Number: 39199
Salary(s): AP2 $48,002.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: May 27, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future term and regular vacancies.
The department of Municipal Relations is looking for a Planning Assistant to provide support to the Community Planning, Permitting & Development Branch.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A Diploma or Degree in Planning, Geography, or Resource Management or other related education. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Experience working in an office in which land use planning was the focus of work (planning legislation, policy, by-laws etc.).
- Experience working with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) or equivalent software applications.
- Experience providing technical, criteria based review and analysis of planning documents.
- Effective written communication skills to present ideas clearly and concisely in graphic and written form.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, clients, other government departments and agencies.
- Ability to take initiative to identify issues and potential solutions.
- Experience interpreting registered plans, assessment rolls, and legal documents related to land parcels.
- Strong attention to detail to maintain an high degree of accuracy.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage competing deadlines.
Reporting to the branch director, the Planning Assistant provides technical and specialized assistance to the branch on the processing and tracking of planning by-laws and amendments. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining various databases and records.
- The administration of the provincial livestock technical review process
- Assisting in the preparation of procedure manuals and educational material.
- Providing technical Support with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications and related technology.
- Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to conduct Research and analyses, and preparation of maps and reports.
Advertisement # 39199
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source