Planning Support Technician
EA4 Engineering Aid 4 (full-time)
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Highway Regional Operations – Capital Region, Transportation Operations
Advertisement Number: 39264
Salary(s): EA4 $50,504.00 – $60,271.00 per year
Closing Date: June 3, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Manitoba Transportation and Infrastructure, Capital Region is filling three (3) vacancies, one each in Winnipeg, Steinbach, and Arborg, MB. Candidates must indicate the location(s) they are applying for in their covering letter and/or resume.
Preference will be given to internal candidates currently employed with Manitoba Transportation and Infrastructure.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Must be able to occasionally work in the field, which includes working around roadway traffic.
- Completion of a Civil Technologist Diploma or Civil Technician Certificate or completion of Department Level 2 Survey training course, Design 3, Design Management Guide (DMG).
- Experience in preliminary and roadway construction survey, permit application process, and drafting related software (such as but not limited to Microstation, GeoMedia, AutoCAD).
- Strong verbal skills to communicate effectively and courteously with internal and external contacts, stakeholders such as the general public, utility agencies, etc.
- Strong written communication skills to prepare applicable correspondence, agreements, and associated technical responses and reports.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- The ability to display initiative and maintain attention to detail, accuracy and high quality output.
- The ability to independently analyze and resolve recurring problems using standardized rules and established procedures.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment and strong interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain effective relationships with a variety of individuals.
The Planning Support Technician reports to the Regional Planning Technologist and works in an advanced technical environment requiring specialized technical ability providing regional support in the areas of: environmental issues, utility review/agreements/ relocations, access/structure, maintenance of regional plan filing system, surplus property and related construction project support. The Planning Support Technician also coordinates and monitors the regional Provincial Trunk Highway (PTH) / Provincial Road (PR) permit application process.
Advertisement # 39264
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source