Plumber/ Heating Technician
MM3 Maintenance Trades Person MM3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Operations District 1, Asset Management
Advertisement Number: 39756
Salary(s): MM3 $63,402.00 – $75,131.00 per year
Closing Date: October 14, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Manitoba government is seeking highly motivated Red Seal Plumbers to work with the department within Winnipeg. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. The department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees with the ability to travel within the Province for training.
Applicants must submit the application and resume to be considered for this competition.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a valid Red Seal Journeyperson Plumbing license.
- Must be physically capable of performing the required activities of the position, including working alone, under extreme temperatures or heights, in confined spaces, in a secure facility, and wearing personal protective equipment.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with the ability to travel within the Province when required.
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse check. Additional security checks may be required
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Gas Fitters B license and American Waterworks Association (AWWA) certification
- Experience working with plumbing and heating systems in a large commercial, industrial, institutional facility or correctional facilities.
- Experience working with plumbing related legislated codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Ability to plan and make effective work-related decisions independently.
- Organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Completion of Asbestos Abatement training.
Reporting to the Maintenance Resource Manager, or designate, the incumbent performs plumbing maintenance, testing, installation and repair on all aspects of plumbing throughout District One. Job sites include industrial, commercial, institutional and correctional facilities . Duties will include, but not limited to maintenance and repair of domestic water and waste water systems, hot water heating systems and specialized institutional plumbing systems. The position is based at 444 York Avenue, Winnipeg with a requirement to perform plumbing work throughout District One.
Advertisement # 39756
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source