Policy Analyst 1
PM1 Policy Analyst 1
Research and Planning, Consumer Protection
Advertisement Number: 37027
Salary(s): PM1 $45,694.00 – $62,943.00 per year
Closing Date: January 21, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
The Consumer Protection Division contributes to a healthy Manitoba economy by creating certainty in the marketplace through the administration of a legal and policy framework within which consumers, tenants, landlords, non-profit organizations and businesses can operate; maintaining reliable and secure registries of information for the protection of individual identities and land and personal property rights, assisting consumers and businesses, tenants and landlords in resolving their disputes; and providing quality service through the responsible use of fiscal resources.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Completion of post-secondary education, in Commerce, Business Administration, Public Sector Administration, Sociology, Political Science, Law or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, identifying problems, and recommending policy options and solutions
- Effective written communication skills and experience writing a variety of documents for different audiences
- Effective oral communication skills with experience presenting information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders for the purpose of educating and/or relaying information
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques and practices, and their application to specific information requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise political acumen, and develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work under pressure managing multiple priorities with tight timelines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), including the ability to use Excel for statistical and financial analysis
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Knowledge of consumer issues or other contextual information relevant to consumer protection and market oversight
The Policy Analyst is a junior member of the Research and Planning team reporting to the Director of Policy, Legislation and Strategic Initiatives. The incumbent supports the research and analysis of consumer protection issues in the marketplace and the development of recommendations to address them, including new policy, legislation, and informational materials for consumers and businesses. In carrying out these duties, the incumbent assist with research projects, jurisdictional scans, legislative reviews, market studies, monitor media and house/committee proceedings, and support interactions with advocacy groups, external agencies and individuals who have special interests in consumer protection policy issues.
Advertisement # 37027
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source