PM2 Planning and Program Analyst 2
Indigenous and Northern Relations
Consultation and Reconciliation Branch
Advertisement Number: 36871
Salary(s): PM2 $59,406.00 – $74,801.00 per year
Closing Date: December 17, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (email@example.com), quoting 36781 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form.
The primary role of the Consultation and Reconciliation Branch is leading the provincial implementation of settlement agreements and consultations with Indigenous communities. The Branch works closely with other provincial departments to meet provincial obligations and advance reconciliation through respectful relationships. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to travel outside the province on occasion
- Must be willing and able to travel to rural and northern communities within the province
- An undergraduate degree in the social sciences or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and pertinent experience may also be considered. Equivalent and related experience defined as related education/training with experience developing and implementing programs and policies
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to apply project management principles
- Experience working with Indigenous and northern communities on various issues
- Experience managing politically sensitive situations through the use of diplomacy and tact
- Experience building consensus towards common goals and fostering relationships
- Experience working on land based or natural resource related matters is an asset
- Experience developing and analyzing budgets
Reporting to the Manager and/ or designate of the Consultation and Reconciliation Branch, the Policy Analyst supports the department’s lead role in administering Resource Management Boards in Manitoba. The boards were created as part of settlement agreements with Indigenous communities that experienced impacts from hydroelectric developments and Indigenous communities. The boards collaborate on resource projects, develop land use plans and review natural resource dispositions. The Policy Analyst is responsible for annual budgets and work plans, coordinating and managing regular meetings, researching policy and jurisdictional approaches to inform the board’s resource projects and land use planning.
Advertisement # 36871
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source