Policy and Process Analyst
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Department of Central Services
Procurement Centre of Excellence, Procurement and Supply Chain
Advertisement Number: 38423
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: December 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request. Flexible work options available.
The Policy and Process Analyst researches, analyzes and creates recommendations for procurement policy and process development and improvement to reduce risk exposure and improve compliance across Manitoba government and the broader public sector. The Policy and Process Analyst leads collaboration with stakeholders from across government and the public sector on procurement issues. The Policy and Process Analyst prepares reviews and edits documents such as policy and process manuals, position papers, submissions, briefing materials, special reports and other materials for senior government officials for decision-making, presentations and informational purposes.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Post-secondary education, preferably at the Masters level, in economics, political science, statistics or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Experience researching, analysing and developing recommendations for policies and processes
- Experience in a project / program management capacity including developing methodology and evaluation criteria for policy analysis.
- Excellent written communication skills including experience writing a variety of clear and concise documents and reports with recommendations for senior management.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present complex issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen with the ability to exercise sound judgement in dealing with confidential, complex and sensitive materials and situations.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipating future issues and applying foresight to strategic goals.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience interpreting and/or applying legislation, regulations or trade agreements.
Reporting to the Manager of Governance, Policy and Performance, the Policy and Process Analyst’s key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research, analyze and develop recommendations for procurement policies and processes.
- Provide advice on legislation and trade agreements.
- Develop new procurement policy proposals to reflect procurement legislation and trade agreements.
- Develop methodology and evaluation criteria for procurement policy analysis.
- Write, review and edit correspondence and papers for senior government officials.
- Identify, evaluate and document the procurement framework.
Advertisement # 38423
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source