Policy Manager (multiple positions)
PM4 Planning and Program Analyst 4
Agriculture and Resource Development; Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration; Economic Development & Jobs
Advertisement Number: 38072
Salary(s): PM4 $72,967.00 – $92,939.00 per year
Closing Date: September 13, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months for similar term and regular positions.
A detailed position descriptions for each position is available upon request.
This competition will be used to fill PM4 positions in the Department of Economic Development & Jobs; Advanced Education, Skills & Immigration; and Agriculture & Resource Development.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Some positions must have a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and ability to travel within Manitoba
- Post-secondary degree, in social sciences, public or business administration, or other relevant discipline. An equivalent combination of education and pertinent experience may be considered
- Experience gathering, assessing, and critically evaluating data and information to inform policy and program development, including identifying options and recommending appropriate courses of action
- Experience leading and managing complex projects
- Experience writing a variety of clear and concise documents for different audiences, such as briefing notes, position papers, reports, presentations, and authority seeking documents
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and/or training staff
- Superior interpersonal skills for the purposes of building and maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships with a variety of diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Experience undertaking research, evaluation, and/or performance measurement projects
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans and lead organizational change
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and internal/external stakeholders
- Strong organization skills with the ability to set and manage multiple priorities in tight timeframes
- Strong political acumen when dealing with complex and sensitive issues
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry (For Agriculture & Resource Development position only)
- Experience in federal-provincial-territorial relations
- Knowledge of information technology systems and how they relate to business processes, including procurement
Reporting to the Director, the Manager provides management and leadership to a section and oversees the administration of the section’s services and programs. The incumbent leads, coordinates and supports development and implementation of the department’s strategic plans, and service innovation initiatives, systems and platforms that advance the effectiveness and efficiency of the department and contribute to government mandates. The Manager fosters engagement and leadership, implements continuous improvement initiatives including lean management and service innovation to advance the department’s capacities in meeting its mandate and objectives. The Section provides leadership to the department in the areas of strategic planning, organization alignment, employee engagement, leadership development, lean management, performance management, and service innovation and implementation. The Manager provides leadership to the section through effective performance management, mentorship, and professional development.
Advertisement # 38072
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source