Policy Specialist – Crown Lands
G4 Agrologist 4
Department of Agriculture
Land Use and Ecosystems Resilience , Agriculture Production and Resilience
Advertisement Number: 39583
Salary(s): G4 $72,355.00 – $91,847.00 per year
Closing Date: August 26, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar positions in various locations throughout the Province of Manitoba and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Other locations within MB may be considered
Manitoba Agriculture works to accelerate the greater prosperity and capacity of agricultural producers and industry, food processors, other rural entrepreneurs, organizations as well as rural and northern communities. We do this by providing leadership and a range of information, programs, and services in support of a vibrant rural and northern Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba class 5 drivers license
- Access to a vehicle for business purposes; to attend meetings in other work locations as required.
- Must be a member of, or eligible for membership in the Manitoba Institute of Agrology at the Professional Agrologist level and ability to obtain membership once successful for the position.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with an emphasis in Economics, Policy, Business or other related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience in the agricultural industry working in areas of policy, environment, finance, and/or economics.
- Experience with financial accounting/analysis.
- Knowledge of policy and regulation development process.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to analyze situations.
- Excellent written communication skills for writing advisory notes, correspondence and related supporting materials for senior management.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timeframes.
- Ability to collect, analyze, summarize data from a variety of sources resulting in policy, program and regulation recommendations.
- Strong political acumen used to deal with complex and sensitive issues.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of the provincial Crown-Indigenous consultation policy and procedures.
The Policy Specialist will initiate analysis following an appropriate policy process (problem identification, consultation, analysis, consideration of policy options, implementation, monitoring/evaluation) when working in all areas of responsibility. The Specialist works (as required) on departmental and federal/provincial teams, leads the assessment and development of policy response options for the Province and provides reports and recommendations for senior management. Reporting to the Manager, Land Use, the Policy Specialist’s main responsibility it to provide expert policy analysis on crown land management strategies and tools that ensure long-term sustainable benefits to Manitoba.
Advertisement # 39583
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source