XO3 Administrative Officer 3
Department of Families
Portfolio Management & Agency Services, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Advertisement Number: 37859
Salary(s): XO3 $57,344.00 – $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: August 4, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory child abuse registry check
- Must provide a current and satisfactory adult abuse registry check
- Completion of post-secondary education in commerce, business, finance or accounting. An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Experience with program evaluation and delivery demonstrated by ensuring programs meet with industry standards, best practices and ensuring board governance and practices are followed
- Experience and expertise analysing financial statements and operating budgets, making recommendations and directing appropriate solutions
- Experience interpreting, communicating and applying acts, policies, and regulations related to Property Management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders utilizing a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and political acumen
- Strong problem solving skills, including the demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement in unique, complex, and sensitive situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of National Housing Strategy
Reporting to the Manager, Partnership and Capacity Development, Portfolio Managers are responsible for working strategically with non-profit housing providers and collaboratively with other branches within the Department of Families to ensure that: affordable housing for low income seniors and families is managed and delivered within program objectives, proper board governance policies and practices are followed, and capable property management is in place.
In providing leadership to the non-profit housing sector, Portfolio Managers evaluate the delivery of social housing based on industry standards and best practices. Program oversight is monitored through operational audits, financial statement analysis and meeting with the non-profit housing Boards. Any potential breach identified with a Program objective is communicated with recommendations and guidance for resolution or improvement. Collectively, Portfolio Management is responsible for working with 365 organizations under 23 programs comprising of 18,000 social housing units.
Advertisement # 37859
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source