Postal Clerk 2
LC2 Letter Carrier 2
Department of Central Services
Material Distribution Agency (MDA), Central Services
Advertisement Number: 38408
Salary(s): LC2 $35,065.00 – $39,623.00 per year
Closing Date: December 12, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of this position including lifting, reaching, squatting and standing for prolonged periods of time on a cement floor.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects on a regular basis or items weighing up to 66 lbs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Forklift license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Experience working in a warehouse setting
- Experience with computerized mailing equipment
- Knowledge of domestic, federal, USA, international, registered and interdepartmental mail processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety guidelines or practices
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to commincate professesionally
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work co-operatively and constructively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Reporting to the Mail Services InterDepartmental (IDM)/Processing Team, the Postal Clerk 2 is responsible for ensuring the day to day client demands in the Finishing area are met. This staff member will preform work on a variety of mechanical and computerized pieces of equipment in a timely and efficient manner with minimal supervision.
Advertisement # 38408
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source