O3E Power Engineer 3rd Class
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Operations, District 2, Asset Management
Advertisement Number: 39000
Salary(s): O3E $54,136.00 – $60,104.00 per year
Closing Date: June 23, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services is seeking a highly motivated Power Engineer to work with Asset Management – Operations, District 2 at Headingley Correctional Centre. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. The Department of Central Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate Registered with the province of Manitoba.
- Must have the ability to work on call, work alone, work outdoors and work with exposure to steam, chemicals, noise and dust.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Internal Security Check.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence and the ability to travel within the District.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including working at heights, in confined spaces, and wearing personal protective equipment.
- Valid Manitoba 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Experience with HVAC operations, life safety systems and building control systems.
- Experience with computers and computerized facility maintenance management systems.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with internal and external contacts.
- Decision making skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to plan and follow up.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, the Power Engineer performs duties required under the Power Engineers Act to operate boilers, chillers and auxiliary equipment including HVAC in a safe and efficient manner at the Headingley Correctional Centre. The Power Engineer must be capable of performing scheduled and breakdown maintenance and responding to emergencies as required. This position may be required to assist in maintenance and repairs to buildings and equipment at this facility and others in the District.
Advertisement # 39000
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source