Principal, Performance Audit
AZ2 Audit Manager 2
Office of the Auditor General
Office of the Auditor General
Advertisement Number: 37999
Salary(s): AZ2 $78,395.00 – $105,362.00 per year
Closing Date: September 3, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This position is being posted on behalf of the Auditor General of Manitoba
The Office of the Auditor General (Office) is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly. The Office ensures that the Legislative Assembly and the public receive independent assessments of government accountability information; compliance with legislative authorities; and the operational performance of government. The type of audits/projects undertaken by the Office include financial statement audits; compliance with authority audits; performance audits (Value-For-Money); investigations; information technology audits; and governance reviews.
Audits/projects can be conducted on government departments, crown corporations, and funded agencies, including those within the education, health care, and municipal governments.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- A university degree in a field related to public sector management such as finance, business, statistics, economics, public administration, etc. ‘
- Extensive experience leading either: Performance audits, Value-For-Money (VFM) audits, internal audits or program evaluations.
- Extensive experience leading, coaching and mentoring a team in a professional work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities within timelines and scope both on an individual basis and for a team.
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to identify and analyze problems and form logical conclusions.
- Strong written communication skills to effectively communicate audit findings to a variety of stakeholders
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to actively listen and present messages concisely and succinctly.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well both within a team setting and with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, exercise initiative, and escalate issues appropriately.
As the lead for the audit team, the Principal is expected to manage audit work within the budget allocated and according to the agreed-to timeframe – reporting any deviations to their direct supervisor. They are to exercise sound professional judgement and ensure they are current in their knowledge and application of the Office’s performance audit methodology as well as applicable audit and accounting standards.
The Principal may work independently, and may also work closely with an audit team, which may be composed of a Manager, Senior Auditor, students or staff from other service lines (such as Financial Statements or IT). They oversee all aspects of the audit and are responsible for ensuring the audit follows Office methodology – including but not limited to sufficient and appropriate evidence, documentation of audit findings, and ensuring all audit procedures are performed appropriately. The Principal also has an important leadership role and is expected to actively contribute to the ongoing professional development of the team and staff competencies
Advertisement # 37999
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3R6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source