CL4 Clerk 4
until March 5, 2021
Department of Central Services
Corporate and Specialty Categories, Procurement and Supply Chain
Advertisement Number: 36618
Salary(s): CL4 $48,399.00 – $55,132.00 per year
Closing Date: September 26, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team. We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, a defined pension plan, relocation costs as applicable, training, educational support and career development opportunities, among others.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Experience performing procurement clerical duties.
- Experience creating, tracking and processing confidential documents.
- Experience with data entry.
- Experience with SAP software or a comparable system.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Effective time management and demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Reporting to the Manager, Category Management, the Procurement Clerk is responsible for creating and amending financial documents for government-wide and department outline agreements and purchase orders, and providing support on the entire procurement process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating, maintaining and amending purchase orders and agreements in SAP, processing price comparisons, scaling prices, adding new items and reconciling dollar values
- Posting tenders and amendments
- Conducting price comparisons and recapping documents needed for award decision by Category Analysts
- Responding to phone and email enquiries
- Receiving, tracking and processing incoming bids
- Clerical duties including managing the procurement filing system, archiving records, ordering office supplies, processing invoices and updating websites
Advertisement # 36618
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source