Reporting to the supervisor/Team Lead, the Production Labourer assists with general production duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keep all work areas clean and tidy free of debris
• Promote corporate safety program and safe work environment
• Conduct periodic maintenance inspections and performance of equipment repairs
• Promote the “building the learning organization culture” within the company
• Sweep floors and operate motorized sweeper throughout assigned areas
• Operate power tools, forklifts, sweepers, and production machinery including a palletizer, plastic wrapper, sewing machine and denester.
• Ensure quality products exceed customer expectations
• Workday shift (7-4) or evenings (3-11) and overtime as requested
• Grade 12
• Experience with production desired.
• Experience with or courses related to the safe operation of forklifts
• Ability to be a self-starter with strong initiative and a moderate degree of independence able to take direction as well as collaborate with the supervisors
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written, problem solving and analytical skills
• Training in Lean manufacturing principles and Kaizen facilitation (continuous improvement) is desired
• Strong leadership skills and ability to learn and apply new concepts and overcome obstacles with change
• Ability to work with and influence others in a fast-paced environment mentoring and coaching staff
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source