Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of precast concrete. Since 1948, Barkman has sustained growth through the contributions of our team members’ commitment to customer service, quality, and innovative products. We currently have an opportunity in our Winnipeg Plant on Gateway Road. Our Winnipeg Plant focuses on Large Wet Cast products such as steps for residential buildings, hydro bases and barrier curbs, among other products.
To be successful in this role you will have:
People Skills: You will have a positive attitude, willingness to help co-workers complete tasks, be punctual with a commitment to good attendance and the ability to work with others to problem-solve. Whether it’s at Barkman, on a sports team, youth group or involvement in community activities – teamwork is important to achieve goals.
Focus on Quality: You will have an eye for detail and take pride in your workmanship. Barkman takes pride in what we do therefore, a high level of commitment and a can-do attitude towards quality is a vital requirement for this role.
Capacity: You will understand the importance of time management and work ethic towards getting tasks completed to meet production requirements with high-quality standards.
Some of the responsibilities for this role may include:
· Pouring concrete into molds and demolding to manufacture a variety of precast products
· Using various hand tools such as trowels, rakes, saws and pneumatic tools
· Contributing to ideas on continuous improvement, problem-solving and quality
· Focus on maintaining quality workmanship
· Following Safe Work Procedures and safety regulations
· Ability to work in a team and independently on tasks with minimal supervision
· Ability to work an eight-hour shift, Monday to Friday
· Flexibility to assist with overtime as needed
· Flexibility to contribute to different teams as required
· Physical activities include: walking, standing, kneeling, bending, lifting (up to 50lbs), reaching, using arms/hands to operate equipment
· Required to wear a hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection at all times and a respirator (which requires an employee to be clean-shaven) when needed for specific jobs
Successful candidates will have:
· Previous experience in a manufacturing environment (is an asset, but not a requirement)
· Experience with concrete and formwork in the construction industry (an asset, not a requirement)
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Punctuality and excellent attendance record
· Experience operating a forklift and overhead crane (an asset)
· Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts (an asset)
· Basic concrete/precast knowledge (an asset)
Barkman offers you group insurance, a retirement savings plan, product discounts and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
Please submit your resume as soon as possible (Please note that we will start interviewing as resumes are received).
By email: email@example.com
In-person: 901 Gateway Rd, Winnipeg, office hours 8:00am to 5:00pm
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
View original article here Source