Powerland is one of Canada’s leading and fastest growing IT infrastructure providers. Due to continued strong growth, we are adding to our team and are looking for a motivated and qualified individual to join us as a Professional Services Delivery Technician at our head office in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
About our Company:
Powerland is a full-service technology provider that’s been doing business since 1985. Powerland is partnered with the world’s top technology companies. These relationships combined with our years of experience allow us to provide the most efficient solutions and the best products. We promote an environment of integrity with all our staff. We appreciate our people, and work together with them to constantly improve our company. We strongly believe that having the best people is how we can provide the best service to our customers. We are in the CRN Top 30 Solution Providers as well as a Triple Crown Winner.
The Professional Services Delivery Technician is the final escalation point within the Services portfolio of customers, reacting to issues brought forth by customers and/or lower tiers. Support will be provided onsite, remotely, over the phone or via email. The Professional Services Delivery Technician is capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues. They are required to develop solutions for complex network, desktop, and server problems. They will have the ability to analyze existing systems and procedures and to make proactive recommendations for improvement. This position works closely with Senior Solution Architects and other Professional Services Delivery Technicians to ensure all Managed Services customers are experiencing maximum uptime and efficiencies with their technology.
The Professional Services Delivery Technician’s responsibilities include:
- The escalation point from lower tier technicians supporting customers
- Responsible for support and management of all Server, Storage and Network infrastructure across Customer portfolio, adhering to best practice standards
- Provide product training and acting as a mentor to lower tier technicians
- Provide onsite support to customers as needed
- Responsible for follow up of escalated issues
- Maintaining current customer notes and key points of information to serve as guides for the rest of the team
- Act as a back up for lower tier technicians when required
- Provide after-hours coverage as part of an on-call rotation schedule for SLA support as needed
- Work continuously to increase lower tier technicians’ product knowledge by reviewing escalated cases on a weekly basis
- Create technical bulletins to serve as a job aid and expand the knowledge base for handling support issues
- Ensure that all actions and discussions pertaining to issues escalated from lower tier Technicians are completely documented in the CRM system
- Depending on the circumstances, could be required to travel to client sites on short notice
- Ensure customer inquiries are responded to within established time frames and customer care and technical support service levels are achieved
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5 years of IT experience with personal computers, server infrastructure, networking, security, cloud services and virtualization
- Experience with securing data, network access and backup systems
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Mac Desktop OS, Windows Server 2008-2019, Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Perform in an effective and timely manner all the tasks required
- Work as a member of the Managed Services team in conjunction with other groups of technical staff
- Exhibit above average reasoning ability by clearly defining problems, analyzing data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
- Represent Powerland in a professional manner both in-house and onsite
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to travel to customer site as needed, which may include locations outside of Winnipeg, MB
- Must speak fluent English; bilingual highly preferred
- A clear criminal record check and/or clear child abuse registry check is required for this position
- Industry related training and certifications an asset
- Managed Services experience an asset
To apply for this position, please submit your resume for consideration.
We thank all those that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or physical or mental disability. We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants during the recruitment process, interview process and employment process. If you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources department.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source