Program and Policy Analyst ( Multiple Positions – open until filled)- *Closing date extended*
PM3 Planning Program Analyst 3
Vaccination Implementation Taskforce
Advertisement Number: 38494
Salary(s): PM3 $2,502.70 – $3,145.78 bi-weekly
Closing Date: January 30, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
- Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an under fill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
- Duplicate applications will not be considered, ONE application is required only.
Reporting to the Vaccine Implementation Task Force (VITF), the program and Policy Analyst is responsible for program and policy development, research, analysis, evaluation, development of new initiatives, standards or work, data and financial management and reporting. In carrying out these responsibilities, the analyst is responsible for ensuring that program policies are consistent with goals, objectives and priorities that will enhance Manitoba’s COVID-19 vaccine effort and provide added coordination of policy/program related activities for the VITF.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Post-secondary degree in Public Administration, Economics, Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience conducting research, analyzing policies & process to provide recommendation
- Project/program management experience
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to influence and guide the work of both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise documents for different audiences including senior government officials
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present complex issues to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise political acumen, deal with conflict and develop and maintain positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically, anticipating future issues and applying foresight to strategic goals
The Program and Policy Analyst is responsible for planning, leading and contributing to complex projects for the VITF. The analyst develops and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful execution of projects and initiatives. The incumbent works with key partners to ensure that there is a clear understanding of program and policy objectives and ensuring objectives are achieved through collaborative efforts
Advertisement # 38494
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source