CRC Curriculum Consultant
Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration
Adult Learning and Literacy, Student Access and Success
Advertisement Number: 37758
Salary(s): CRC $73,042.00 – $92,655.00 per year
Closing Date: June 24, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Please include a copy of your valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate with your application.
Adult Learning and Literacy is a branch of the Student Access and Success Division of Manitoba Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration. The branch funds and registers Adult Learning Centres and Adult Literacy Programs within Manitoba, enabling access to non-credit literacy and high school level programming for adults across Manitoba. The branch administers the Manitoba Adult Literacy Program (MALP) policy and the Adult Learning Centres Act and corresponding regulations.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba and be away from home overnight
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Completion of post-graduate studies in education or certificate in adult education. An equivalent combination of other education/training may be considered
- Experience teaching adults and developing instructional materials
- Experience planning and developing educational programs for adult learners
- Experience monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of educational programs
- Experience developing and delivering professional development activities for teachers/instructors/peers
- Experience interpreting and applying education concepts, policies, and requirements including, but not limited to: Manitoba high school graduation requirements, Manitoba curriculum, Recognition of Prior Learning (RLP), Dual Credit, High School Apprenticeship Program, Distance Learning options, and School Initiated Courses
- Ability to assess and/or prepare educational program proposals including applications and operating budgets against program policies and/or legislated criteria
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with educational partners
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work in, and adapt to, an environment with changing priorities and demands
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to prepare accurate, clear, and concise professional correspondence, briefings, and reports to assist in decision making
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely
- Experience working with and supporting the needs of diverse learner groups, including Indigenous and newcomer learners and learners with disabilities
Reporting to the Director of Programs/Registrar,the Program Consultant has responsibility for providing educational program and curriculum support for registered adult learning centres and adult literacy programs in Manitoba. The Program Consultant participates in program accountability activities, and provides program and financial analysis to support innovative adult literacy and secondary programming as well as funding and registration recommendations. The Program Consultant leads adult education research, projects, and pilot activities and supports strategic initiatives.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 37758
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source