IC3 Economic Development Consultant 3
Department of Economic Development and Training
Economic Policy and Programs, Industry Growth and Innovation
Advertisement Number: 36734
Salary(s): IC3 $70,224.00 – $89,118.00 per year
Closing Date: November 6, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba.
- A post-secondary degree in Business or Commerce; an equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with financial programs including loan, grant, tax credit and/or equity investment programs.
- Experience explaining and interpreting legislation, regulations, policies and procedures to clients.
- Experience reading and interpreting financial statements.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills for the purpose of creating briefing notes, reports, memos, forms, guidelines, policies and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communications used to explain complex financial concepts and terminology to non-financial clients.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills for managing several projects/tasks simultaneously
- Experience processing project claims
- Knowledge of legal contracts
The Program Coordinator is a member of the Economic Policy & Programs branch team that is responsible for the day to day dealings with clients, administration and due diligence for various financial programs and initiatives in support of Manitoba’s economic growth objectives. This includes consulting and working with clients on a variety of financial programs including grants, loans and tax credits through all stages of the programs including review and approval, monitoring and compliance and managing funding disbursements. The Branch also provides financial analysis and advice on economic development projects/programs.
Advertisement # 36734
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source