Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and skilled person for the position of Program Director/Leading Practice Specialist. CFS-CM is a non-profit charitable organization mandated under the General Authority to provide intake and ongoing services under the Child and Family Services Act and the Adoption Act within the Central Region of Manitoba. The agency has been in existence since 1934 and is governed by a Board of Directors.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director/Leading Practice Specialist is a key member of the CFS-CM Management Team. The PD/LPS is responsible for all CFS Program areas as directed by the Executive Director. As PD/LPS, this position attends meetings and/or events on behalf of the Agency and provides absence coverage for the Executive Director as required. This position is responsible for the direct supervision and mentoring of social work supervisory staff (SP5). In this capacity, the PD/LPS is responsible for the oversight of program delivery including the development, delivery and evaluation of services to Manitobans eligible for the full range of Child Protection and Family Support Services.
The Program Director (PD)/Leading Practice Specialist (LPS) is responsible for providing advice/direction/consultation and leading practice training, mentoring (case specific) to agency staff. The Program Director/LPS will plan, deliver and coordinate training initiatives within the agency, assist supervisors to provide mentoring support for new workers and participate in a variety of quality assurance activates within the Agency on behalf of the Authority.
• Ensuring that the programs and services are continuously evaluated and current in terms of community need
• Reviewing agency program policy on a regular basis and recommending revisions based on program evaluation or changing needs.
• Ensuring program standards are achieved within all areas of services
• Participating in overall planning for the Agency through the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of Agency goals and objectives
• Ensuring staff operate within the framework of Collective Agreements and Agency Policy
• Providing direct supervision to supervisory staff
• Delivering training and providing mentorship on the General Authority Practice Model and provincial standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• MSW preferred; BSW may be considered with relevant experience. Eligible for registration with the College of Social Work.
• Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in a Child and Family Services setting.
• Demonstrated managerial ability including experience in employee and labor relations.
• Demonstrated communication abilities, both written and oral
• Knowledge and experience in child welfare policy and procedures
• Previous experience developing and facilitating educational workshops and training for adult learners
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of quality assurance approaches and models of evaluation of child welfare practice.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships with staff
• Valid Manitoba driver’s license
• Access to own vehicle and ability to travel
• Acceptable completion of Prior Contact, Police, Child Abuse Registry Checks and Driver’s Abstract.
• Successful completion of security checks.
Remuneration: $82,480.00 – $101,998.00 annually dependent upon education and experience.
Position description available upon request.
Please apply by way of resume, including three references, to Tracey Bercier, Executive Director, Child & Family Services of Central Manitoba Inc., 25 – 3rd St. S.E., Portage la Prairie, MB., R1N 1N1: or by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for application: position will remain open until filled.
View original article here Source