Program Evaluator (Mixed Methods)*Extended closing date*
SS3 Statistical Analyst 3
Department of Families
Social Innovation Office, Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 39966
Salary(s): SS3 $71,491.00 – $86,717.00 per year
Closing Date: January 2, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
*This advertisment will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed periodically.*
The Manitoba government is emerging as a national social innovation leader and the creation of a dedicated Social Innovation Office (SIO) shows strong commitment in advancing social finance and social innovation in Manitoba. The SIO, in this role, is looking at new ways of solving complex social problems and working to bolster the capacity of other departments to engage in meaningful, innovative and solution-oriented approaches with the goal of improving the lives of all Manitobans.
The Program Evaluator develops and completes data-driven projects to support evidence-informed, innovation projects for partner departments, drawing on their advanced knowledge of and experience with complex statistical methods and research design. The Program Evaluator is the technical lead on specialized, complex projects that include qualitative and quantitative data on behalf of the SIO and partner departments; offers advice on evaluation approaches; facilitates evaluation discussions and leads evaluation working groups with partner organizations.
What we offer:
•Be part of a driving force behind evidence and data-informed decision making and evaluation in government.
•Use data to inform policies that make a real and positive difference in the lives of Manitobans.
•Work within an innovative and supportive team.
•Work with diverse and unique data not available in any other sector.
•Exposure to a diversity of social finance and innovation projects across multiple government departments.
•The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan.
•Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Must provide a satisfactory Child Abuse and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Advanced postgraduate education (Master’s degree or higher) in Social Sciences with a strong background in quantitative and qualitative methods, or other related discipline. An equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience designing and executing evaluation projects with qualitative and quantitative data, leading mixed methods research projects with diverse and complex data sets that require significant cleaning and management, and designing and executing predictive analytics.
- Strong verbal communication skills with experience conveying complex materials for a variety of audiences in non-technical language.
- Strong written communication skills with experience conveying complex materials for a variety of audiences in non-technical language and using data visualization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster positive collaboration and build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience translating policy and program based questions into questions that can be answered with data.
- Excellent critical thinking, leadership, problem-solving and consulting skills.
- Strong political acumen skills and ability to operate within a complex policy environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment on complex projects, with multiple competing pressures and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience with multiple statistical software and languages (e.g. SAS, SPSS, STATA, R or Python).
- Member of the Canadian Evaluation Society.
- Experience working with Indigenous-led organizations and Indigenous-led programs to co-develop evaluation outcomes and metrics.
The Program Evaluator creates and implements mixed method evaluations and research framework that addresses stakeholder’s questions and needs, using diverse qualitative and quantitative approaches to data analysis. The Program Evaluator is the technical lead on specialized, complex projects on behalf of the SIO and partner departments; offers advice on evaluation approaches; facilitates evaluation discussions and leads evaluation working groups with partner organizations.
The Program Evaluator works within an interdisciplinary team to support government in solving some of the most complex social and environmental challenges. Using a strong customer-centred approach, the incumbent is expected to have strong evaluation and data expertise, and operate collaboratively to help the team and government achieve their overall goals.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 39966
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source