Program Manager – Children’s disABILITY Services
SP5 Social Services Worker 5
Department of Families
Regional Social Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 37564
Salary(s): SP5 $64,721.00 – $87,851.00 per year
Closing Date: May 28, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular and/or term bilingual and non-bilingual positions in Winnipeg and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Two positions are available. One is a designated bilingual position, and candidates under consideration for this position will participate in a French language skills assessment.
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the delivery of Children’s disABILITY Services in Winnipeg. The PM is an integral part of the community area management team and works to facilitate Winnipeg Integrated Services along with community engagement. The PM works collaboratively with other Families and WRHA management teams, Disability Programs and Specialized Services, other divisions, community stakeholders, external service providers and the community at large.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Valid driver’s license and the use of a personal vehicle
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays on occasion
- Post-secondary education in social sciences (Bachelor of Social Work preferred)
- Leadership experience, including managing staff, program administration, and planning and evaluating services delivered to clients. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Comprehensive case management experience. Experience within Children’s disABILITY Services is preferred
- Experience with the interpretation, evaluation and implementation of program policies
- Strong problem identification, analysis and resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the Department of Families values: Learning and Growth, Innovation and Initiative, Integrity, Community, Reconciliation and Accountability
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Clear and concise French verbal communication skills
- Excellent French written communication skills
- Experience with financial management, such as managing budgets for operational and program resources
Reporting to the Director, Regional Social Services, the Children’s disABILITY Services Program Manager is responsible for providing leadership and support in a range of management and supervisory activities to a dedicated, professional team. Responsibilities include: service delivery, including policy interpretation; integrated case management leadership; implementation and evaluation of services; operational planning; financial management and administration; human resource management; systems and change management.
If you are a leader in the area of children’s disabilities, we want to talk to you! We offer a career in a helping and caring profession, with the ability to make a profound and lasting impact in the lives of Manitobans.
Advertisement # 37564
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source