XM1 Senior Officer 1
Acting Status (Temporary)
Office of the Provincial Comptroller, Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 36782
Salary(s): XM1 $88,267.00 – $108,429.00 per year
Closing Date: November 10, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established for future opportunities that may come available within 12 months
The Office of the Provincial Comptroller (OPC) is responsible for the financial control environment across summary government. The Program Manager is responsible for establishing and the ongoing management of the Comptrollership and Compliance Unit (CCU).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Graduate level education (e.g. Masters in Business Administration) or equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Management experience with responsibility for human, audit, or financial resources including experience with implementing or overseeing a new organizational unit.
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational business plans, and experience with strategic performance management and measurement systems (e.g. key performance indicators, balanced scorecards).
- Experience with data analytics.
- Experience in operating in a legislated environment.
- Experience building relationships with a variety of stakeholders in complex environments including bargaining units.
- Proven ability as a leader with a commitment to create, support and sustain a diverse environment that enables staff to achieve results and to develop for the future.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders across multiple organizations and departments on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in change management.
- Knowledge of fee-for-service tariff systems.
The Program Manager reports to the Provincial Comptroller, has a functional relationship to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Insurance Division in Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living (HSAL) and is accountable to the CCU Steering Committee. The Program Manager also has a professional responsibility to maintain critical relationships in a complex and political environment with other stakeholders (e.g. other policy and program areas within HSAL and TBS, applicable bargaining units, the Office of the Auditor General, etc.).
Advertisement # 36782
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source