Term Position to March 31, 2023
Salary: $59,406 to $74,801
Closing Date: October 9, 2020
– The Food Development Centre (FDC) is seeking a Program Officer to assist with the planning, development, administration and coordination of the Federal/Provincial Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) program – a grant program to support a sustainable, profitable, competitive and innovative agriculture, agri-food and agri-product sector.
– FDC is a Special Operating Agency of the Government of Manitoba.
– Post-secondary education in Agriculture, Finance, Science, Business Administration or related discipline appropriate to the position duties.
– Specific training or experience in financial analysis, project management and application-based program administration is required.
– Experience working in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-product processing industries is an asset, along with broad knowledge of Canadian/Manitoba agriculture, food and rural industries.
– Demonstrated knowledge and experience of budgeting, contract management, accounting and technical report writing is essential.
– Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skill with spreadsheets and formulas is essential.
– On a province-wide basis, responsible for assisting with the administrative management of CAP grants from application to claims stages.
– The incumbent is responsible for program activities such as assessing applications, analysing project budgets and cash flows, preparing contracts and agreements, monitoring project outcomes and reporting on performance, verifying claims and payment, and undertaking program evaluation.
– Works closely with departmental staff within Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development to build and support teams for planning and delivering coordinated services to clients related to these programs.
– Your cover letter must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
– Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are encouraged to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter if they are from any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
– We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Food Development Centre
810 Phillips Street
Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 4A4
Fax: (204) 239-3180
View original article here Source