AY3 Administrative Assistant 3
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Selkirk Mental Health Centre/Transition
Advertisement Number: 36422
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: December 14, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future term and regular AY3 vacancies at Selkirk Mental Health Centre.
Preference for this competition may be given to internal candidate.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is a 252-bed facility that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba whose challenging needs cannot be met elsewhere in the provincial health care system. SMHC also provides mental health services to people from the Territory of Nunavut who do not have access to locally available inpatient mental health facilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience providing reception duties in a professional environment.
- Experience drafting complex and sensitive correspondence for professionals, including experience with transcription.
- Experience directly supervising clerical or administrative staff.
- Strong organizational skills to manage a heavy workload within a dynamic setting.
- Strong Verbal Communication Skills.
- Strong Written Communication Skills.
- Excellent customer service skills to effectively manage difficult and sensitive situations confidentially with courtesy and tact.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong attention to detail to produce accurate work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of PHIA and/or the Mental Health Act.
- Experience providing administrative support in a clinical environment.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology.
Reporting to the Manager of Health Information Systems and Technology, the program secretary provides direct supervision to area secretaries at Selkirk Mental Health Centre while providing administrative support and transcription services to professional medical providers including psychiatry, physiatry, psychology, program managers, and physicians.
Advertisement # 36422
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source