P6 Professional Officer 6
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Coordination & Innovation, Human Resource Operations
Advertisement Number: 36881
Salary(s): P6 $67,993.00 – $82,480.00 per year
Closing Date: December 4, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
The Manitoba government is recognized as one of the top employers within the province and provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for its employees which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government is also committed to supporting the development of its employees through training and career development opportunities.
As a central agency within government, the Civil Service Commission provides a wide range of strategic human resource services including policy and program development, employee development, staffing, labour and employee relations, classification and compensation, pay and benefits and employee health and wellness.
Aligned with the Manitoba Public Transformation Strategy, this position supports the transformation of work and culture through fostering an employee engaged culture that embraces innovation, continuous improvement and supports the delivery of modern and strategic human resource services across government. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a Satisfactory Criminal Records Check; additional security checks may be required for some projects
- Post-secondary education in the areas of project management, change management, business or public administration; or, an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience
- Project management experience leading the design, development, implementation and evaluation of multiple projects and initiatives
- Research and analytical skills with experience gathering and analyzing information, identifying trends and providing creative and strategic options to complex issues
- Effective interpersonal skills with experience establishing collaborative, client-focused relationships with diverse stakeholders and effectively leading teams to achieve results
- Communication skills with experience developing communication plans and drafting and delivering clear and concise written and verbal communication for a variety of audiences
- Change management experience supporting organizational change with hope, optimism and resiliency; and leveraging opportunities for innovation and responsible risk taking
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative and accountability for delivering upon outcomes
- Knowledge of government’s strategic priorities and its legislative and policy framework related to human resource service delivery
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French and English
To Apply for the Position:
Click here to access the application form. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and a copy of your resume. Complete the application form at the link above or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form.
The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form and your resume to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but are asked to submit a copy of your resume.
References or other documentation may be requested at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Reporting to the Manager, Innovation & Modernization, the Project Consultant is accountable for leading project and initiatives aligned with the strategic priorities and goals of the division, department and government. The Project Consultant coordinates and provides leadership to the co-design, co-development, implementation and evaluation of projects and initiatives focused on enhancing the policies, practices and initiatives that support operational human resource service delivery within government.
Advertisement # 36881
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source