Project Coordinator (4 Positions)
TE2 Technical Officer 2
Department of Central Services
Project Management Office/CPPD, Planning and Analysis/CPAM
Advertisement Number: 37474
Salary(s): TE2 $2,440.80 – $2,940.00 bi-weekly
Closing Date: July 1, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This position is an integral part of the project management team, concurrently managing numerous multidisciplinary projects. This is a complex project coordination position, with responsibility for projects from the planning stage through to project completion, serving as a technical lead supporting the Project Manager The Project Coordinator reports to a Project Manager on most projects.
Click here to access Application Form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Drivers’ License.
- Must be able to travel to various locations around the Province using various methods of travel.
- Must be able to work extended hours and overnight stays as needed.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or certificate in commercial construction or a related field (including Interior Design, Architecture, Facility Management and Engineering). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience coordinating and planning phases of construction and facility-related projects. (e.g. defining project scope, budgeting, scheduling, tendering, implementation and providing ongoing technical advice)
- Demonstrated ability to create and review construction related documentation, drawings and specifications (e.g. as-built drawings).
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Proficiency in computer use and software applications such as Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and/or MS Project).
- Knowledge of current building codes and standards, legislation, and industry best practices.
- Strong leadership and decision-making ability.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Design experience, including experience with computer assisted drafting software (e.g. AutoCAD)
The positions duties involve coordination of private sector consultants and contractors, public sector professional disciplines, and other related services. The position functions at the most senior professional level in the field of architectural/engineering/interior design technology, requiring an individual with both technical design and management abilities who is fully experienced in building construction. The incumbent operates as a Project Coordinator managing project start-ups, construction implementation, and project completion. The incumbent will also operate as a designer, conducting preliminary studies, site reviews and interpretation of sketches/drawings.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access Application Form
Advertisement # 37474
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source