Sperling Industries Ltd. is seeking an individual to join our team as a Project Detailer. Our specialty is the execution of complex, multidisciplinary projects involving structural and mechanical trades. Our company supports clients in a wide variety of industries including but not limited to Agri-Food Processing, Energy, Meat Processing, Waste Management, and Infrastructure. We are continually looking to improve our team to keep up with the changing industries and the pace of technology, and are looking for an individual to learn and advance with us. We strive to retain employees for the long term and believe in maintaining mutually beneficial relationships that enable our company to grow simultaneously with our employees.
The Project Detailer will be responsible for numerous projects, as well as complete a variety of project specific tasks – from conception to completion. Aspects of this role include design and detailing, document control and coordination for execution. The position is primarily based out of our offices in Sperling, MB. Monday to Friday starting at 7AM. OT and weekend work may be required on an infrequent basis. Travel may be required to perform site visits.
• Work with the Deign and Project Management Team to fully understand project requirements and customer needs.
• 3D modeling and drafting of structural and mechanical components and assemblies.
• Submitting work packages and instructions for fabrication and construction projects.
Education and/or Experience:
• Candidate must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Written and Verbal Communication proficiency is required
• Post secondary education in a Drafting or Engineering Technologist Program is an asset
• Experience with Autodesk Inventor or AutoCAD is considered an asset
• Experience in Structural and Mechanical disciplines in an industrial sector is an asset
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Work with internal and external stakeholders efficiently and respectfully
• Positive attitude with success in mind
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
• Organization skills
• Documentation skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• Salary to be on an hourly basis. $23-$28/hr depending on qualifications and experience
• Overtime remunerated at 1.5x
• Comprehensive Dental/Vision/Medical benefits package for long term employees
• RRSP contribution program and RRSP match for long term employees
• Vehicle and travel expenses covered for any site visits
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to:
Human Resource Manager
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source