Project Manager, PTC Construction – Winnipeg, MB
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, forward thinking individual to join our team as Project Manager. Reporting to PTC’s Operations Manager, you will provide project leadership and construction expertise for major construction projects and infrastructure life-cycle management within the company. As a key member and advisor of the PTC team, you will be required to work and communicate with the Director of Engineering & Construction, Draftspersons, the Construction Superintendents and Regional Managers on a regular basis to ensure PTC’s future planning is linked with job-site realities on the ground. You will be a strong multi-tasker and capable of managing concurrent projects with the assistance of the PTC and Paterson teams.
• Coordinate design, engineering and drafting requirements;
• Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations;
• Lead the labour and material forecasting, purchasing and procurement, work scheduling and coordination of major projects from start to finish;
• Prepare and manage project budgets, meeting agendas, profit and loss reports, and purchase orders of all ongoing capital and maintenance projects;
• Create, implement and monitor material tracking schedules for maintenance projects;
• Support site supervisors with respect to work force, schedules, site safety, worker orientations, EH&S and employee training;
• Ensure insurance and regulatory compliance;
• Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
• A university degree or diploma in engineering or construction management (CET., B. Tech (Construction Management), B.Sc. in Engineering) or an equivalent academic combination with practical experience;
• 3 years of experience in project management as an agricultural constructor or general contractor;
• Technical background in Agriculture construction (process flow, electrical, mechanical, grain storage and conveyance, etc.) considered an asset;
• Ability to handle multiple projects with minimum supervision is essential;
• Strong communication, organizational and computer skills;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet monthly deadlines;
• Self-directed and energetic personality.
• Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
• Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
• On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
• Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website: www.patersongrain.com/careers/
PTC Construction, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, is a leader in Agricultural Engineering with a wide range of experience in the construction of grain and fertilizer handling facilities. We are a fully integrated design-builder managing all project stages including design, construction, and equipment installation.
View original article here Source