P8 Professional Officer 8
Department of Health
Infrastructure, Policy & Planning
Advertisement Number: 39412
Salary(s): P8 $78,224.00 – $95,700.00 per year
Closing Date: November 10, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Infrastructure Branch of Manitoba Health provides leadership, policy, planning, funding and oversight that directs the standardization, evaluation accountability and delivery of health care infrastructure in alignment with the needs of Manitoba’s healthcare operations.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in architecture, engineering or project management. Other combinations of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- Significant experience related to the delivery of complex capital infrastructure projects.
- Strong facilitation skills to foster collaboration and partnership with experience in stakeholder consultation to build engagement, trust and positive working relationships.
- Experience overseeing all aspects of capital projects including; approvals, budgets and performance targets.
- Experience providing strategic analysis to senior leadership related to capital infrastructure projects.
- Exceptional written communication skills to effectively communicate complex and technical information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to effectively engage various stakeholders in a variety of settings.
- Strong problem solving skills to analyse and evaluate issues and develop solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build engagement, trust and positive working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and organize in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Reporting to the Director of the Infrastructure Branch within Manitoba Health (the Department), the Project Manager provides oversight, recommendations and delivery on long-range capital infrastructure projects including the project management of the projects, in conjunction with the Department, provincial health authority and the Service Delivery Organizations (collectively the stakeholders) in developing and maintaining capital infrastructure for health care operations. Working as part of a team of project managers and Branch support staff, the incumbent will lead policy development on capital infrastructure issues, engage stakeholders to develop the scope of work, cost and schedule for all capital infrastructure projects including new construction and major renovations. The duties also include the oversight of the annual capital program that authorizes support and funding to maintain the critical infrastructure of existing health care facilities.
Advertisement # 39412
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source