Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. We treat our employees like family members – we will be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we are wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Manager is responsible for executing on project management and process improvements for our business. Primary responsibilities for this role include working alongside all layers of the organization and leadership to build relationships with project partners and remove any roadblocks to facilitate the successful implementation and execution of our corporate projects. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving success through continuous business improvement, project management, process efficiencies and change management through process improvement methodologies and tools. The successful candidate will have an innovative and creative approach to driving change while operating within and advising across all functions of business with integrity.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Collaborate with technology and business teams to deliver the best solution and focus on bringing value to the organization and customer through effective project management.
• Collaborate with all departments to support the Continuous Improvement and project planning execution.
• Manage and coordinate priorities, project plans and terms of reference/project charters for Corporate initiatives.
• Project Kick-Off: Work with internal stakeholders to transition clients from Project Development to Delivery.
• Facilitate business, technology, and functional requirements definition, translate project goals, the scope of work, budget, timeline, and prioritize requirements.
• Proactive Project Planning: Produce a detailed delivery schedule by facilitating the team to plan out more detailed design and development cycles; identify key dates and milestones.
• Set Project Cadence: Schedule regular touchpoints with team and client that is right for the project.
• Communication Management: Tailor your communication style or method depending on the situation and recipient. Run effective meetings by stating agenda and goals. Keep client and internal stakeholders informed of project progress. Lead client and internal project team meetings.
• Project Administration: Ensure all project documentation is created, reviewed, and maintained to industry standards. Prepare reports for clients and internal management regarding the Budget Management: Maintain project budget by setting expectations with team and client on budget availability, raise your hand when the budget is at risk and proactively propose next steps to manage budget risk.
• Task Management: Ensure that the team understands the tasks associated with the project, when they need to be accomplished, and level of effort.
• Change Management: Manage changes during projects by understanding the ask and goals. Assess the impact of changes and recommend the best course of action.
• Risk Management: Proactively identify roadblocks and risks and develop risk mitigation plan.
• Report Out: Provide regular status of projects and address issues/concerns when appropriate. Review progress and report on outcome of all initiatives, including post implementation reviews.
• Maintains focus and motivation on projects throughout the lifecycle and regularly articulates quantitative and qualitative benefits, progress, and program obstacles.
• Builds employee engagement for projects and programs through involving key stakeholders and project team members in regular communication events, program meetings and transparent approach to program/project management.
• Report and escalate to management as needed.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
• 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is required.
• LEAN or OCM certification/designation is considered an asset.
• Proven Experience managing multiple projects at one time.
• Insurance experience is considered an asset.
• Experience leading or participating in business process re-engineering (BPR) or requirements gathering activities is a plus.
• with considerable experience gained on non-IT engagements (such as business transformation initiatives);
• Deep understanding of project management methods and processes with the ability to apply them to projects.
• A demonstrated record of accomplishment of delivering programs/projects under demanding timelines.
• Decision making and negotiation skills with the ability to influence without direct authority.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presenter and facilitator skills
• Excellent attention to detail, time management, planning and task prioritization ability independently and as a team
• Strong analysis, critical thinking, & problem-solving skills
• Ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities.
• Strong relationship building and team skills with the ability to build rapport with a wide variety of people across the organization.
• A high degree of personal ethics, integrity, and responsibility with an ability to deal with sensitive issues and safeguard confidential information.
• Experience: Project management experience delivering large, complex projects
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source