P8 Project Manager
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Infrastructure, Policy and Accountability
Advertisement Number: 36914
Salary(s): P8 $73,307.00 – $89,686.00 per year
Closing Date: January 15, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be established for this position to fill current and future vacancies and will be open until exhausted.
The Health Infrastructure Branch of Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living (MHSAL) provides leadership, planning, standardization, evaluation and accountability for health-based infrastructure consistent with the Provincial Clinical Preventive Services Plan within Manitoba’s healthcare system.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in architecture, or engineering. Other combinations of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- Significant project management experience related to the delivery of complex construction projects.
- Experience in stakeholder consultation and community capacity building.
- Experience overseeing financials for capital projects including; approvals, budgets, performance targets and oversight.
- Extensive experience providing strategic analysis to senior leadership on capital projects
- Strong written communication skills to effectively communicate complex and technical information to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication skills to effectively engage various stakeholders in a variety of settings
- Change management skills to facilitate stakeholder adaptation of changing work environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build engagement, trust and positive working relationships
- Strong leadership skills to foster collaboration and partnership while leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills to plan and organize in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment
- Strong problem solving skills to analyse and evaluate issues and develop solutions
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to effectively negotiate complex multi-faceted issues.
- Certificate in Project Management.
Reporting to the Director of the Infrastructure Branch within Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living, the Project Manager provides oversight on long-range capital planning submissions, asset management plans and project management processes to assist the Department, Regional Health Authorities and communities in developing and maintaining appropriate infrastructure for health care operations. Working as part of a team of project Managers, the incumbent will lead policy development on emerging infrastructure issues and develop funding requirements for individual initiatives including; new construction, renovation and retrofit, or major equipment installation.
Advertisement # 36914
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source