Project Officer – 1 position | Project Coordinator – 1 position *JOB TYPE AMENDED*
AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade
Provincial Services, Workforce Training and Employment
Advertisement Number: 39549
Salary(s): AO2 $54,318.00 – $65,118.00 per year
Closing Date: August 25, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar regular and term positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must have valid Manitoba Driver’s Licence (For the Project Officer position)
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Project Management or a related field; a suitable combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Experience with the use of spreadsheets for the purposes of budget development and planning; work planning (GANNT, KANBAN etc), process flows and task prioritization.
- Ability to work independently to prioritize, and manage numerous projects and files simultaneously.
- Experience writing a variety of clear and concise documents for different audiences, such as briefing notes, reports, outlines, and authority seeking documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and in partnership with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate difficult or contentious decisions and information to stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen and the ability to manage confidential and politically sensitive material and situations in an appropriate manner.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead internal and external stakeholders through multiple projects, priorities, and periods of transition.
- Ability to assess and analyze funding or project proposals or related requests against program policies and government priorities, and provide defensible, evidence-based recommendations to management.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION FOR PROJECT OFFICER POSITION:
- Experience in administering programs and contracted services through third party agencies.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION FOR PROJECT COORDINATOR POSITION:
- Experience in project management, including expertise in project lifecycles, project planning, innovation, change management, costing and schedule estimation.
- Knowledge of best practices in employment services and the Labour Market in Manitoba.
The Project Officer manages funding and programming partnerships with new and established service providers funded by the Skills and Employment Partnerships Branch. These programs are aimed at increasing the employability of people with disabilities, persons receiving Employment Insurance or Income Assistance and other unemployed or underemployed Manitobans living in the Winnipeg region.
The position reviews and assesses proposals, develops authority seeking documents (Project Approval Requests and Treasury Board Submissions), oversees contract development, amendments, compliance and makes recommendations for financial and program changes. The position also provides case management and critical financial supports to individual clients participating in projects and transitioning from projects to employment. The incumbent responds to community requests for information and assists new service providers to develop required program and services.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all projects to ensure they are completed on time, within budget and meet established quality standards. The Project Coordinator is also involved in planning, organizing and managing some or all aspects of certain projects such as project initiation, project planning, project execution and project closure. Projects will vary in complexity, duration, approach and technology. This position also acts as a resource to members within project teams. Projects are targeted to Career Development, Balanced Scorecards, Service/Business Continuity, and other Divisional Committees as required.
Advertisement # 39549
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: Please also provide a resume and cover letter. You may be asked to submit references or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Please fill-up the appropriate Application Screening Form for the position you are applying for and submit with your resume and cover letter.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source