Project Portfolio Manager
IS4 Information Technologist
Department of Central Services
Business Transformation & Technology, Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 37481
Salary(s): IS4 $71,851.00 – $95,965.00 per year
Closing Date: May 1, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Are you a Project Portfolio Manager expert looking for a challenge? The Manitoba Government has one of the largest and most complex IT organizations in the province and we are looking for leaders with a passion for technology and customer service to help us on our innovative and operational excellence journey.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- PMP or Prince2 or CSM Certified.
- Experience leading IT development projects.
- Experience leading and successfully implementing COTS, ERP, CRM, custom development or Infrastructure (IT) projects.
- Experience in contract management, managing vendors and/or service providers, and monitoring service levels and contract obligations.
- Experience managing project performance (on time, within scope, on budget, and meeting quality standards).
- Experience with project management methodologies, concepts, frameworks and tools.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management, and stakeholders.
- Problem solving skills to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Written Communication Skills.
The Project Portfolio Manager is accountable for effectively managing Information, Communications, and Technology (ICT) services and for ensuring the successful completion and delivery of ICT Projects through the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques. Project management is generally applied to unique strategic mission-critical initiatives. Project Managers lead, support and influence the achievement of project goals and objectives, particularly scope, budget, schedule, and quality objectives. The incumbent leads processes and teams to manage and integrate all phases of projects: initiation, planning, execution and control, and closure, in order to deliver results and deliverables that meet scope, budget, schedule, and quality objectives. ICT projects may relate to applications, infrastructure, architecture or other corporate technology initiatives.
Advertisement # 37481
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source