Property Manager *EXTENDED CLOSING DATE*
AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Department of Families
Property Services, Manitoba Housing
Eriksdale MB, Portage la Prairie MB, Selkirk MB
Advertisement Number: 39958
Salary(s): AO2 $57,401.00 – $68,787.00 per year
Closing Date: November 19, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Candidates must indicate which location they wish to apply for when submitting their application.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must have the ability to travel within the designated region
- Experience in Property Management including leasing, vacancy management and rent calculation
- Experience interpreting, communicating and applying acts, regulations, policies and procedures related to Property Management
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to deal effectively with diverse tenants and the general public
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience related to Tenant Management functions
- Experience related to Facility Management or the coordination of maintenance work
- Experience administering a budget and report on expenditures
- Post-secondary education related to Business Administration; Social Sciences; and/or Property Management designations (CPM;ARM; RPA; FMA)
- Experience interpreting the Residential Tenancies Act
Reporting to the District Manager, the Property Manager works as part of a team to ensure the efficient and effective management of an assigned area. Candidates should possess the skills and abilities required to assume responsibility and accountability for the coordination and oversight of all property management functions including: leasing; vacancy management; contract administration, financial/budget management, and effective tenant relations. The position will ensure that Manitoba Housing’s policies, procedures, and guidelines are being followed consistently.
Advertisement # 39958
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source