This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
HCS Property Manager
Department of Families
Manitoba Housing – Property Services, Social Housing Management
Advertisement Number: 406
Salary(s): HCS $52,143.00 – $62,546.00 per year
Closing Date: May 27, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar regular, term, full-time or part time positions within Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation and will remain in effect for 12 months.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search
- Must provide satisfactory current Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Must provide own vehicle if required and be able to travel within the Region
- Must be able to meet physical demands of position including attending Manitoba Housing properties and climbing stairs
- Experience related to Property Management functions
- Experience related to Tenant Management functions
- Experience related to Facility Management or the coordination of maintenance work
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal effectively with diverse tenants and the general public
- Experience administering a budget and reporting on expenditures
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply acts, regulations, policies and procedures
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook or an acceptable equivalent
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to supervise staff in a unionized environment
- Possess one of the following Property Management designations/accreditations: CPM; ARM; RPA; FMA
Under the direction of the District Manager, the incumbent ensures the efficient and effective management of assigned Manitoba Housing properties, and is responsible and accountable for all property management functions and activities within their assigned building(s) including: maintenance of buildings and grounds; leasing; vacancy management; tenant relations; and the effective communication between tenants and all other areas of Manitoba Housing. All assigned duties will be carried out in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines established by Manitoba Housing, The Residential Tenancies Act and the Residential Tenancies Branch.
Advertisement # 406
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source