Prosecution File Manager
CL4 Clerk 4
With a possibility of becoming Regular.
Manitoba Prosecution Service, Crown Law
Advertisement Number: 39148
Salary(s): CL4 $1,855.28 – $2,113.38 bi-weekly
Closing Date: June 12, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain open until exhausted.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening as well as a cover letter and resume to the Public Service Commission by email (email@example.com), quoting 39148 and position title in the subject line.
Click Here to access the Application Screening Form.
Manitoba Prosecution Service is responsible for prosecuting most offences in Manitoba. These offences are identified in provincial statutes, the federal Criminal Code of Canada and the Youth Criminal Justice Act. In Canadian criminal law, the accused is presumed innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. In order to convict, there must be evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused committed the offence. A Crown Attorney’s duty is to ensure that justice is served by presenting all available legal proof of the facts to the court, and the Prosecution File Managers are instrumental in the preparation of these cases.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- Experience performing a full range of administrative duties, as well as providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills that contribute to a respectful workplace and value diversity, including the ability to deal effectively with related system stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative under minimal supervision.
- File management experience including gathering and compiling information through conducting research and contacting stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- The ability to adapt, learn and grow through challenge, pressure or adversity.
- Experience and proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word), Adobe or equivalent software.
- Experience in administration in a legal environment.
- Graduation from a recognized legal or administrative assistant training program or equivalent education and/or experience.
Reporting to the Winnipeg Support Staff Manager, the Prosecution File Manager is responsible for propelling prosecutions forward by independently setting matters for disposition or trial, ensuring all aspects of files are complete and relevant information is located, analyzed and brought to the attention of the Crown Attorneys in the most timely way possible. The incumbent is responsible for providing legal administrative support to Crown Attorneys including researching and compiling file information, preparation and completion of complex legal documents and correspondence and creation/maintenance of electronic and physical legal files. The incumbent’s responsibilities also include preparing and clearing court dockets, stakeholder contacts, scheduling, reception and other office related duties, and providing assistance to the general public, members of the legal profession and members of various policing agencies.
Advertisement # 39148
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source